Saturday, September 11, 2010

My trip to Mexico

In July of 2010 I took a month long trip to central Mexico and one of my goals during that trip was to go to as many taquerias as possible. Me and tacos in Mexico have had a storied past which has included instances of me eating 30 tacos and a torta in one sitting and wandering off on my own and visiting multiple taqueria in one day.
I will attempt to document every taqueria that I visited in Mexico during my last trip and include a picture of the taqueria and pictures of the tacos themselves. After I've gone through all the taquerias that I visited in Mexico during my last trip, I will write about taquerias here in Chicago. I feel that this is especially necessary because of the emergence of so called taco "connoisseurs" who rave about all these "good" taquerias on the north side of the city and say they hate cilantro. Now keep in mind that I am being a snob when it comes to tacos but only because I've been to some good ass places and use those as a basis of comparison.

I will write about the taquerias in chronological order from first to last. Also in my opinion and basing it on central Mexico/DF standards, the standard tacos should have the specific type of meat, a salsa of your choosing and cilantro and onions and made with a corn tortilla. A couple of taquerias in Mexico didn't have both instead just offering onions, raw or grilled or both, but they get away with it because they were good. Now if you're one of those non Mexicans that likes lettuce and tomatoes in your tacos then your opinion does not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment